Planet Vending Celebrates by Yvonne Reynolds-Young, Managing Director and Publisher.
It’s been a crazy year hasn’t it? It seems that on every New Year’s Eve since at least 2019 we’ve celebrated the end of another tough year, with hope that the new year will be so much better…’ Couldn’t be any worse than the one just past, right?’ How wrong have we been?! Its been a little like an evolving obstacle course with each new challenge bigger and more daunting than the last.
Planet Vending Celebrates : There is no doubt that 2022 has given us bad news after bad news after bad… the economy has taken a dive, costs have soared; the Government is in disarray, respected professionals such as our nursing heroes are on strike – and we really don’t know what will happen next.
However, through all this turbulence, our own industry seems to be holding up. We see daily posts of vending operators as busy as ever, with new installs and the suppliers to the trade seem buoyant about sales.
From our point of view, we’ve been delighted by the amount and quality of stories coming through to us for publishing. We write and re-write or simply edit everything that comes to us so that our readers have an informative and, hopefully, entertaining reading experience.
I’ve collated a few of our personal favourites alongside some of the most popular stories and features from 2022. What is your favourite? Let us know! Contact us here.
We wish all our subscribers, our casual readers and our partners a Merry Christmas, and a terrific 2023. And for Heaven’s sake, let’s hope this world of ours gets back on a more even keel.
1. The most widely read story on Planet Vending in 2022 was about… Televend. Read it again here.
2. The top viewed page on Planet Vending is our Vending Directory – again! And take a look at our brand new stand alone Directory, HERE
3. The second most viewed story came from Invenda. Read it again here.
4. We also celebrated International Women’s Day supported by Jo Roffey at Mondelez amongst others… Have a look here
5. Both Nayax and Evoca announced new arrivals to their businesses. John Forde at Nayax and Andrew Barrow to Evoca.
6. Big news that is still gathering pace is the news of the next ‘must attend’ event which is The Out of Home Gala on 8th June 2023. This together with the announcement of two new partners (Britvic and Pepsico) bringing the collaborative to 6, were our most read stories in a short space of time.
Planet Vending Celebrates
7. Another of our popular features is regular contribution by John Crichton of ARN, vending’s favourite wholesaler. Every story from him goes straight to Number One on that week’s ‘best read’ list. That’s why we talk to him regularly – he always come up trumps! Here is a link to his best bits…
8. Some of the nation’s most popular snacks and drinks found themselves on the pages of PV. Like this one from Ferrero and newby C4 Energy here. Also featured this year and was a personal favourite was this from Nestle Professional.
9. Heavily talked about this year have been the three Vendex shows. By all accounts, the Midlands show in Milton Keynes and the North show in Leeds were hugely successful and very well attended. I attended both. At time of writing I don’t think the Glasgow show will be back in 2023 but if that changes you can be sure we’ll let you know. At Planet Vending our own feature, Spotlight on Vendex was hugely popular and well read. You can see these here. Scotland. North, Midlands.
The next one will be back in Milton Keynes. Register your interest or book your space HERE
10. Last on our list for now is our own Tilly’s Travels on T’internet that has grown in popularity during the year. You can have a flick through this collection here
Thank you all for reading and contributing to Planet Vending in 2022. Without you, we wouldn’t have nearly as much fun as we do. If you are reading us for the first time, why not get in touch? Then chances are that we can help you with your communications strategy…
You must log in to post a comment.