The EVA chose EVEX 2023 in Bucharest to unveil the latest edition of its annual report, which provides a detailed analysis of 24 vending and Office Coffee Service (OCS) markets in a new, contemporary and easier-to-understand format.
The new market report, covering data up to the end of 2022, offers reliable and unique statistics into the development of the market, and can help equip companies with the evidence and knowledge they need to make the right investment decisions.
The new report clearly demonstrates that the pandemic recovery, which commenced in 2021, continues across Europe. The machine fieldbase, vends and revenue all showing positive growth compared to last year. These are welcome indicators for our sector. Indeed the post-Covid growth rates show that an increase in consumption, coupled with significant price rises, helps mitigate the effects of inflation and hybrid working.
To be fully in context, we need to look back to pre-pandemic levels and when we do, the situation appears more complex. Compared to 2019, while machine numbers are slightly higher, vends and revenue are both significantly lower. Vends are more than 20% down, which could indicate an irreversible trend. Hybrid working is showing no signs of going away…
This year, for the first time, the report offers some insights into smart fridge and water dispensers, categories that the EVA plans to explore in greater depth in coming editions.
- EVA members can access the report for free.
- The report is available for purchase by non-members. Contact the EVA at email@example.com
The EVA Report : Headline Findings
- The total number of machines across Europe continues to climb; now at 4.45 million.
- The Italian market again counts the largest fieldbase with 826,000 machines.
- The Netherlands is now the largest market in terms of vends, with 4.85 billion – an impressive 15% increase from 2021
- The German market revenue is €2.8 billion, an increase of 16% from 2021 and the largest market by revenue.
- Micromarkets number almost 6,500 across Europe and are showing impressive year-on-year growth.
- There are more operators using smart fridges than micromarkets, and suppliers are increasing strongly.