SmartVend from Vianet now provides ‘everything you need to manage your business’. The new, improved version promises complete transparency into business performance, whilst identifying opportunities to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
With a host of new features, SmartVend delivers a fully flexible, cloud-based solution that eliminates the need for on-premise servers. The comprehensive vending management system covers everything from stock and service to micro markets and touchless payment, with customisable features that put operators in complete control.
“We’ve delivered a lot to our customers as SmartVend has evolved and grown, we’ve saved the best until last”, said Joanne Vinton-Bullwinkel, Vianet’s Head of Product. “There are lots of absolute gems in the latest releases that will really make a difference to our customers. While our initial focus is on integrations, we’ll be working closely with our customers throughout 2023 to ensure SmartVend remains the industry’s only choice.”
SmartVend : What Does It Offer Vending Operators?
- SmartVend’s stock management tool allows vending operators full visibility of stock, from warehouse to machine and everywhere in between. The easy-to-use stocktake function ensures your stock is where you need it, when you need it – reducing machine visits and the incumbent fuel expenses – whilst maximising availability.
- The service dashboard provides a live view of machine performance across your entire estate, helping you ensure that service levels are optimised, downtime is minimised and customer service is maximised. The stock and service functions within SmartVend are supported by an intuitive mobile app, designed to ensure operators and engineers work as efficiently and accurately as possible, either in the field or back at base.
- Scanning cash bags at the point of collection reduces input errors and allows for easy cash reconciliation. The SmartVend cash management tool then compares the data captured in the field/by the machine to that counted in the office, highlighting any discrepancies, and removing the possibility of revenue loss at every step.
- Your workforce becomes instantly more effective with the customisable prompts that can be set up against machines, sites and/or operators and are triggered by time/date or an event like, say, a weekly vehicle checklist. This allows operators to add both mandatory and non-mandatory actions, notes, alerts, reminders, requests for information (for example, start or end mileage) and/or checklists for operators to complete during their route. The opportunities are endless.
But Vianet haven’t stopped there; they’ve also revisited existing functionality to ensure it meets the new benchmarks set by the features that have been added to SmartVend. Consequently, significant improvements have been made in route scheduling by factoring in stock levels, allowing customers to set their own specific thresholds and making re-assignment and changes to routes as easy as possible.
- The new estate map gives users an overview of their entire estate with customisable Red-Amber-Green status’ that ensures operators have an at a glance live view of the issues that matter the most.
- Pro-active ‘pick lists’ based on current and predicted stock levels ensure operators have the stock they need before they leave depot – by machine and product. A ‘red route line’ on the map easily identifies routes with insufficient stock to complete the route.
- There is more to come. With kerbside scanning, operators will have the ability to audit each machine from their vehicle, providing real-time accurate stock and cash information.
- SmartVend’s new finance module, ensures seamless integration with third party finance service providers. Additionally, there are many other features in development that Vianet look forward to showcasing to the industry in 2023.
Vianet’s End-to-End Solution
SmartVend works in seamlessly with Vianet’s award-winning contactless payment and telemetry products, making it the industry’s only cloud-based, end-to-end solution. With over 52,000 active devices currently connected, SmartVend processes more than £7.01m sales and 7.07m million transactions every month. What’s more, SmartVend can now be integrated free of charge with other third-party contactless payment providers.
According to Mark Parry, Vianet’s Commercial Director, “The future is promising for the vending industry. SmartVend, alongside our award-winning payment and telemetry hardware, provides our partners with the technology needed to adapt continually to the accelerating pace of change that characterises the world we live in today.”
There’s much more on Vianet HERE on Planet Vending