Rhea Vendors Group, one of the world’s leading producers of tailor-made vending machines and proud ambassador of coffee culture in 90 countries across the world, has officially announced its first branch in Asia, which has been operational since the start of the year.
Rhea China, which joins the 11 branches already present in Europe and South America, is headquartered in Shanghai and will enable Rhea to participate first-hand in this fast-growing market that is highly receptive to the high level of personalisation and modularity that characterises the entire range of Rhea vending machines and services.
Rhea has been working with China for several years, and the company considers that the time is right to invest further in the country, in order to operate directly with the same level of service to which its clients and partners across the world have become accustomed.
The Chinese economy continues to grow, and the country’s emerging middle class is expected to expand from 430 million people today to 780 million by 2025. According to recent studies, China’s coffee consumption is also growing by around 20% a year, over 2% above the global growth rate, and this is mainly driven by the younger age groups who will account for over a quarter of the increase in total consumption in China by 2030.
“China is an important country for Rhea and we have opened a branch in Shanghai in order to meet the needs of a mature market that is increasingly interested in what we have to offer”, said Andrea Pozzolini, CEO Rhea Vendors Group. “China is a market we aim to supply with highly customized products and services which embody Italian excellence in terms of their design and the quality of the beverages they produce, whether coffee, milk or authentic Italian cappuccino. For us, it is essential to offer the best coffee possible in order to satisfy the tastes and consumption habits of Chinese coffee lovers, but without ever forgetting real Italian espresso.”
A Bluffer’s Guide to Rhea Vendors Group
- Founded by Aldo Doglioni Majer in 1960, Rhea Vendors Group is one of the largest producers of customized vending machines in the world.
- For sixty years, Rhea has stood out for its wide international reach, high-level design, state-of-the-art technology, and ‘Made in Italy’ excellence.
- With headquarters and manufacturing based in the province of Varese and 12 foreign branches, Rhea is proud of having spread coffee culture to over 90 countries around the world.
- In the last twenty years, under the leadership of Carlo Doglioni Majer, son of the founder and esteemed intellectual and artistic director of opera and theatre, Rhea has laid the foundations for an important transformation: from a global player in vending to a pioneer in the introduction of vending to the hospitality, micro-market, and out-of-home sectors, confirming its mission to interpret and often anticipate a constantly evolving market.
- Since Carlo Doglioni Majer’s passing in 2018, by his express wish, Rhea has been led by a team of four managers who have been with the company for many years.
More news from Rhea Vendors on Planet Vending, HERE